A physical reaction to an emotional cue while in Hypnosis that assists in releasing or purging this emotion.
FAQ Category Archives: glossary
A Physical body movement (such as touching thumb and forefinger) that elicits a know response added by the Hypnotherapist.
The critical, mind which controls your Analytical, Rational, Working Memory and Willpower functions.
Deepest level of Hypnosis suggestibility. Experience of the above plus amnesia or Hyper Suggestibility.
A physical response to a suggestion provided from the Hypnotherapist. Ideomotor response is an automatic response to an emotional queue such as a reflex would be.
The Hypnosis technique to bypass the critical mind, which allows you to enter the hyper suggestible state known as Hypnosis.
In this level you may experience the following: Head may slump forward, Slumped Posture, feeling of lethargy, reduction in sensory awareness, yawning, twitching.
Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is an incredibly powerful discipline that enables people to unblock the structures of human communication and human excellence. By doing so people can think, communicate and manage themselves, and others, more effectively.
NLP explores the relationships between how we think (neuro), how we communicate (linguistic) and our patterns of behavior and emotion (programs). By studying and learning from these relationships people can effectively transform the way they traditionally think and act, adopting new, far more successful models of human excellence. (This activity is called modeling and is a key feature that distinguishes NLP from psychology).
In effect, NLP is a powerful change management tool that transforms the way people think and act to have the greatest impact both professionally and personally. That’s why NLP is one of the most powerful skills used in business management, psychology, sales, sports coaching and all forms of personal development.
NLP can help you to:
- Be more successful by learning to influence your emotional and psychological states.
- Replace negative behaviors and habits with positive ones. · Transform the way you go about everyday tasks.
- Be more aware of your impact on others and how to manage your behaviour for optimal results.
- Better understand your own motivations, needs and behaviors and use these positively to have the greatest impact.
- Better understand your staff’s and customer’s needs, motivations and behaviors.
- Improve and enhance your interpersonal communication at the office and at home.
The “real” mind that makes up your Total Memory, Emotions, Habits (good, bad, and automatic), self protection, and resistance to change
The part of the mind that controls your Autonomic System (breathing, heart rate, etc.)